April 25, 2024, 07:30:49 PM

Author Topic: 23 September 1983  (Read 3676 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
23 September 1983
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:13:37 AM »
23 September 1983

Shri Babaji commented on the marriage in the Ashram that day of two black Americans.

"The couple standing before you are Kalbhairav with his two Shaktis. (Another black American lady was standing with them). His wife is Kali Maie and the other lady - his auntie - is Bhadrakali. This marriage has great significance. The rain clouds have been collecting since yesterday to shower their blessings on the couple. The sacred river Gautama Ganga has taken on her fierce, fast-flowing aspect. Both Varuna, the God of rain, and Vayu, the God of wind, as well as many other Gods, have come here to attend the marriage ceremony.

"But now we focus not only on the matter of this marriage, but of the whole world. The world now is in a state of turmoil. It is suffering from three kinds of pain - physical, mental, spiritual - and there is only one way of being cured from these. We have to root out inhumanity and replace it with humanity. I have told you before that I do not want differences of caste, creed, color or race. When there is only one Humanity, how can there be different creeds and castes? This is quite unreal.

"I think it was like this: some shrewd people invented all the differences in order to divide people, to be able to rule over them. So they created castes, their aim being to divide and rule. Differences were created for selfish motives. There are people in this world who, when they see someone else's house is burning, are happy. There are people who want to live in comfort at the expense of the labor of others. There is only one God, who created all men in His image. This is why we have to reestablish humanity.

"What I want to instill in man is courage. I want to have a creation of courageous people. Only courageous people can come here. Only courageous people can survive such critical times. I have spoken to you many times about the extent of the calamities to come. They will be so terrible that people without courage will die instantly from heart failure.

"We have to have the courage to face floods, fire and storms. We have to go beyond the fear of death and the hope of life. I want a creation where there is no dependency of any kind. Everyone should be able to stand on his/her own two feet. The problems of all countries can be solved when everyone becomes hard working. As long as there is laziness in the world, people cannot attain happiness. Today's world leaders have created circumstances which make it difficult even to breath. If you are active and hard working, then you can do everything yourselves. Materialism is rising like a great storm and we have to face it. I have told you before that through Karma Yoga alone can you attain liberation. Any material desire you may have can be fulfilled by Karma Yoga, as well. Karma Yoga is Supreme Yoga. Lord Rama and Lord Krishna taught this, too. Not only did they teach it, they also practiced it and were successful in it.

"The great battle fought in the Mahabharata was an example of Karma Yoga. The tyrant kings of that time came and fought on the battlefield, where they died fighting bravely - doing their Karma Yoga, and thus attained liberation. This is why Karma Yoga is Supreme. By Karma Yoga, Lord Rama lessened the earth's burden. Those who are lazy, inactive, are a burden to the earth.

"So all of you have to go beyond the fear of death and the hope of life and go on doing Karma Yoga. Karma Yoga is the only type of yoga that gives immediate results. Whatever you do in the morning, you can see the results in the evening, standing before you like a picture. The seeds sown in the morning sprout by the evening. The farmer harvests the results of his Karma Yoga after six months. Everyone does Karma naturally, no one can remain without it. We must perform those actions which will benefit others - and not only other people but the whole of Creation.

"It is of no use to give birth to millions of sheep. One hard working human being is enough to save the world. We must all become hard working and teach coming generations as well. All other forms of yoga come second only to Karma Yoga because the whole world is maintained by Karma. So practice Karma Yoga and progress. People in the world nowadays have become very cowardly. That is why we have to be courageous, adventurous.

"JAI MAHAMAYA KI JAI!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk