March 29, 2024, 06:13:46 AM

Author Topic: No Thought  (Read 3257 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
No Thought
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:40:47 AM »
No Thought

Dear Brother Ted,

Will share with you if I may, by Babaji's Grace a state of meditation.

For me it took absolute soldier-like diligence and perseverance, but at last one does truly begin to arrive at the Absolute. I practiced with Kalou Rinpoche and the Tibetans and later very diligently at Herakhan for more than a year while doing karma yoga; especially the sweeping of the temple or 108 steps. I practiced no thought. I determinedly told my self "no thought - mantra!" whenever my mind would slip into thought, I would gather it's reigns tightly and insist - no thought - mantra! This space with no thought and only mantra going round and round was quite easy to manage in the midst of all the meditating lamas doing the same thing - talk about a support group! But on one's own, with tv's and so forth blasting away, one must be diligent indeed. Still it is manageable. Baba gave me the real key - to be really in the present. If we're working in everyday life or with the family - really be there. In quiet times when one can do spiritual practice be really there. Mother Amma said something to the effect that the mind wanders, and gives way to babbling - be present now. I pray for you and all Sentient Humans to reach the Blessed State of the Silent Observer. I hope this is helpful dear friend.

Dearest Babaji, You may correct or amend anything I have said here.

Your willing student and Servant,
Jai Shri

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk