March 29, 2024, 08:21:23 AM

Author Topic: 13 April 1982  (Read 4496 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
13 April 1982
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:11:19 AM »
13 April 1982

After the evening Aarti on 13 April 1982, Babaji spoke briefly about man's duty.

"On this particular night, the reading of the Sikh Guru Nanak scripture had been started by a number of devotees who had travelled to Herakhan for this purpose. Whomsoever come to this ashram should follow the rules and help maintain peace and order here. During these days you should go on maintaining peace and discipline as you have been doing.

"Learn to talk less and work more. This is the field of spiritual practice. Karma is the highest way of perfection. It is a great thing to take a human body. Whoever comes to the earth must do work. In the Gita, work is said to be the highest form of sadhana. Everybody must work; an idle man, even though he is living, he is dead. All who have taken birth must work to be successful.

"One of the things that I want to do is remove idleness from the world. I want to show all of mankind the way to peace and happiness. This will only be possible, if bad elements are removed.

"I want to make everybody brave. Man's blood has become like water*. So many atrocities are done, and people let them happen in the name of non-violence.
Non-violence is not for this. I do not want people to be blind when they have two eyes in their heads.

"I have said time and again, be courageous and work hard -- ponder on this Thought. Over one half of my work is done. You may wonder how I do everything while sitting in Herakhan. From here I am able to change the hearts of the people throughout the world.

"After this, there will be another meeting and you will again be told about the past and the future.

"I do not want people in the thousands and millions to be my followers. Only one is enough. One perfect being is enough to change the world. Rama, Krishna and Christ were not many, they were only one. There was only one Rama, only on Krishna, and only one Christ; and they changed the world. Buddha was also only one and he changed the world. I tell you these things so you will not think that quantity is necessary. One spark from the light is enough to enlighten the Universe.

"Again and again, I repeat these things to that you will become courageous, work, and face life as it comes day-to-day."

* Here Babaji is said to be recalling an Indian proverb about those who do not resist when evil is done. One must be strong and protect righteousness.

Babaji continues to hammer away at these themes. In November, 1982, He had these comments to make on the subject:

"Now everyone feels insecure. I want to raise the character of man so high that people as different as the lion and the goat can live together without jealousy or hatred - only in love."

"Kindle the Light in yourself, then kindle It in others - one by one. Just as when the lamp burns it consumes oil, so this Light will consume idleness, laziness, greed."

"Your duty is to spread my message and bring people to the level of humanity, rather than their animal level."

"You all think devotion is fun. Some day you will have to jump without fear of life or death; then you will be able to make progress. When the time comes, you will have to walk through fire and water."

"Only the man of courage can live through this time."

"Like spreading light by lighting one candle from another all around a room, so we should spread love from heart to heart."

"You must all walk in the Path of Truth and give right teachings and instructions to the world. Everyone should walk the Path of Truth and teach family, and friends, and all."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk