April 19, 2024, 05:05:15 PM

Author Topic: About Support Groups  (Read 3102 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
About Support Groups
« on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:04 AM »
About Support Groups

Dear Babaji,

You are my biggest "support group." You make me think for myself and remain an independent thinker, even in the face of adversity. A word of encouragement here, a gentle reminder there, and pretty soon I feel like I am GETTING somewhere on my quest for living the teachings. Thanks so much for that!

In this group of people striving to live the TEACHINGS rather than focus on the Teacher, I think we are learning new skills that we can learn together. For this, a support group is very good. Our society does not encourage us to live on the Higher Path, or to focus on Truth, Simplicity, Love and Service. We are pioneers in New Territory. We can gain from the insight, inspiration and experiences of others who have the same goal.

One caution I have for any group is to be able to honor and encourage the independent thinking of ALL members, even if not in total agreement with the leader of the group or other members. To be independent thinkers, it means we follow our own Heart in all matters. Too many times, our society and our 'groups' reward those who all think the same and do the same, ostracizing or eliminating those who are different from the "status quo." As we each learn what it means to truly follow our hearts, we have no one to answer to but our hearts. To respect each other in the process is very important, even if it all takes odd twists and turns.

A support group is a wonderful thing, to learn how to live the teachings. The danger lies in saying or doing things to manipulate, control, or seek approval from other members of the group. TRUTH is of utmost importance, sharing from the Heart is essential, and encouraging each other to continue on in the REAL (rather than the ILLUSION) is vital to this path.

For those who would like to be a part of a support group of Living on the Higher Path by email, please write to me at margdevi@yahoo. com. If you'd like guidelines about how to start a support group in your area, where you meet once a week or once a month, there have been some suggestions about this kind of meeting in former emails. I am happy to share these with you if you wish.

Ted, thanks for your words. It is true. There is always work for those who wish to be involved and helping in this work.

Om Namaha Shivaya

Love and Light,
Marge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk