March 29, 2024, 03:14:07 AM

Author Topic: 25 December 1983 - The Kumaon Commissioner's Speech (Shri A.K. Das)  (Read 7837 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
25 December 1983 - The Kumaon Commissioner's Speech (Shri A.K. Das)

As you heard just now, this was the celebration of the birth of Christ. All of you know about the resurrection of Christ and His message of Love. Every year we celebrate Christmas here - it is a very auspicious occasion. The teachings of Lord Christ was that we are all led by the Good Shepherd. Christ was crucified but he never died; He was resurrected and He had no word of condemnation or hatred toward those who killed Him. He prayed - "Please forgive them they know not what they do."

Now Shri Babaji is here before you. His teachings are similar to those of Christ. The message of Christ was to love everyone, to have no hatred or jealousy toward anyone. Babaji teaches the same. Everyone must do his own duty - only then can we advance.

I feel particularly honored by this opportunity to say a few words to you. I have a tremendous faith in Baba, particularly because we have His message of humanity here. So many foreign friends have come from all over the world. There is much difference between the ways of life and the religious beliefs but there is something unique here - that is why people come from all over the world and sit here. This great gathering of humanity teaches us that though we come from all over the world, we are all from the same spring of humanity. We should love each other, we should gain experience of each other's views and exchange views of our faiths.

On this auspicious day, let us all pray to Lord Christ, to Baba, for blessing and for all the mental courage to perform our destined jobs honestly, properly and with dedication. Once again, I offer my prayers to Baba and to Lord Christ for all my brothers and sisters seated here.

JAI MAHAMAYA KI JAI!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk