April 17, 2024, 09:15:03 PM

Author Topic: From the Archives - Mundan? (Head Shaving)  (Read 4236 times)

TSL-ONS

• Bhole Baba Ki Jai
  • Administrator
  • Mindfully Mindless
    • The Babaji Community Forums
From the Archives - Mundan? (Head Shaving)
« on: May 08, 2015, 06:53:51 AM »
From the Archives - Mundan? (Head Shaving)

I was tired of my hair, thinking maybe I should just shave it off and do a mundan. I asked Babaji if there was still spiritual value in this practice and if He still recommended it.

Babaji Responds:

"Blessings:

"One may shave the head for spiritual purposes, but know this. I have taken this body for sentient beings to focus on the teachings. Ritual serves an important purpose. But living in Truth, Simplicity, and Love, Serving unconditionally, destroying the Lower Self, and walking on the High Path .... these supersede all ritual.

"To live the Teachings IS the ritual. Just as I have instructed you to move away from the body and focus on the Teachings, the same holds for moving away from, not entirely, but focusing in the direction of Being in the Presence of the Teachings, owning them in your Heart, not by ritual or symbol, but by Being one with the Teachings, having Truth, Simplicity, and Love permeate every space of your mind, body, and most importantly, spirit.

"Babaji"

"It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways." - Buddha

Visit VishwaGifts.com - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices From A Place Of  Truth, Simplicity, Love & S

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk