April 19, 2024, 12:59:41 PM

Author Topic: Shared by Ron (seems like the truth to me!)  (Read 4216 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
Shared by Ron (seems like the truth to me!)
« on: May 08, 2015, 09:34:20 AM »
Shared by Ron (seems like the truth to me!)

Excerpt from The Mustard Seed, Discourses by Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

"You are somebody in your eyes. Everybody else may know that you are nobody, but not you. Even a madman thinks that the whole world is mad. The whole world says to him, 'You are mad!' but he will not listen because this is too painful. He will create all sorts of arguments, rationalizations to say, 'I am not mad.'

"It happened: Mulla Nasrudin came running into a farm one evening and asked the farmer, 'Have you seen a lunatic woman passing through here?'

"The farmer said, 'What did she look like?'

"Nasrudin described her. He said, 'She is six feet four inches tall, very fat, and weighs forty-five pounds.'

"The farmer looked a little puzzled and said, if she is six feet four inches tall and is very fat, how can she weigh only forty-five pounds?'

"Nasrudin laughed and said, 'Don't be silly - didn't I tell you that she is a little crazy?'

"It is always the other who is wrong, who is crazy. That's how you protect you own so-called sanity, this is a protection. And a person who cannot look at himself, basically cannot look, because he is not only afraid of looking at himself - the basic thing is that he is afraid of looking. For when you look at the other, the other can become the mirror; when you look into the other, the other can indicate something about you. In the other's eyes you are reflected, so you cannot look at the other. You create a fiction about yourself and then you create a fiction about others. Then you live in a dream world - that is how everybody is living."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk