March 28, 2024, 11:05:36 PM

Author Topic: 1 October 1982  (Read 4374 times)

BuddahBoy

• Jai Vishwa!
  • Administrator
  • Truth is One - Paths are Many
    • Vishwa Gifts
1 October 1982
« on: April 21, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »
1 October 1982

Conversation with Babaji.

In the Kirtan hall at Herakhan, a Western devotee approached Babaji, having in mind to ask permission to obtain a long-term visa for returning to India and to present all of his belongings to Babaji. The Westener, who had been assigned temple duties by Babaji, had recently been offered yoga initiation by another Babaji devotee and had asked Babaji if he could accept the offer. Babaji had told the Westerner that he should take initiation from somebody else and then told him that he should go back to his country. Babaji's comments were made directly to the Westerner.

"You are being sent back to your country because you have lost your faith. If you were a true devotee, you would have unshakeable faith and a steady mind. What are you doing believing that a man who himself is not a yogi could initiate you into yoga? This I do not like. By giving you temple duties, I had accepted you as a devotee. To devotees I give Abhaya Dhan, the blessing of My protection, by which you will always be protected and should be fearless. I am responsible for you and your liberation. Whatever initiation you need, I will give to you. Why then should you doubt or seek elsewhere?"

The Westerner responded that he had been motivated by spiritual greed. Babaji continued - "What would you not receive from me? Your faith must be as mighty as Mount Meru. Even the sun and the moon can move from their course, but the faith of a devotee should not be shaken. A true devotee will be ready to shed his life for God and will have faith to his last breath. Never be moved by false doctrines. You are protected in every moment."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk