April 24, 2024, 02:36:20 PM

Author Topic: Seva/Service  (Read 3904 times)

Dhuni

• PHURO!
  • Administrator
  • Who, me?
    • Babaji's Online Ashram
Seva/Service
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:09:40 AM »
Seva/Service (Seva - Selfless Service)

Babaji and fellow devotees,

What I have learned of Seva/Service is that:

We must do things that help others out when we see an opportunity to be of service out of a sense of Love, not out of needing to be recognized or thanked for your assistance. The action must come straight from "the heart of unconditional Love" with no expectations. We must keep our ego out of seva! In this way only does our service afford us spiritual merit.

When we do seva that is particularly difficult, we earn more spiritual merit that when a job we do is easy.

Seva takes us deeper into the self and helps to advance us spiritually. When we are doing our regular spiritual practice and doing seva regularly it advances us even more! But seva should not be done for the thought of anything we may benefit, this is simply to be looked upon as a side effect of what we do out of being in touch with our true nature.

Seva brings us a great sense of joy when done with a smile on our faces. Even a job we do not like to do, when we do it offering it to the divine, it becomes a task that is enjoyable.

I'm sure there is much more that I do not yet know, or have not remembered here!

OM Nama Shivaya
Renee
Toronto, ON Canada

"Pinda Kacha, Sabda Sacha - The body is perishable, the word is eternal" - Babaji

Visit VishwaGifts.com - Products From A Place Of  Truth, Simplicity, Love & Service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk