April 16, 2024, 09:33:48 AM

Author Topic: 21 March 1983  (Read 6515 times)

Karma Yoga

• Om Namaha Shivaya
  • Administrator
  • Make Someone Smile Today
    • Vishwa Gifts - Supporting Your Spiritual Practices
21 March 1983
« on: April 22, 2015, 09:15:16 AM »
21 March 1983

"I want to congratulate the people who stayed behind here (when Shri Babaji went to Vrindaban and Bombay) for decorating the kirtan-hall with beauty and dignity. I congratulate you, because you have tried to bring heaven to this earth. The cleanliness, beauty and dignity you have created demands appreciation. Now it is everyone's duty to maintain them.

"Every human being should understand his duty. A real human being is he who does his work/duty equally, whether I am present or not. You have brought such artistic beauty to this hall that the atmosphere around, nature, and even the gods are pleased with you; this hall has become a home for divine beings.

"As I have told you before, the thing needed in this Age is work (karma). In every Age people have reached salvation through different types of action and sadhana (spiritual discipline), but in this Age one can reach liberation only through hard work. I want real, practical human beings and only he is a true human being who lives in accordance with this Age. We need not consider religion or caste, but look only to hard work. Arjuna, for example, was renowned as a karma yogi, and even King Janaka was famous for being a karma yogi. You should progress on this road of karma-yoga in the same way. The troubles that beset this Age can be resolved through karma yoga. You should become pioneers of this Age and search for truth. You have to become adventurous and awaken truth within you. This is real yoga.

"At present, world crises are increasing - this we have to remedy. As I have told you before, you all should become brave, steadfast and truthful in action. Become of good character and conduct. Regardless of which country you come from, you will have to act your part for the great changes of this Great Revolution. You must not spend your time wastefully but utilize it by doing the right kind of work.

"You may ask 'How will Babaji bring about this Revolution?' I have repeatedly told you that when the right time comes, all will be revealed. You may wonder also how one can counteract all the powerful weaponry and atom bombs that have been produced. The fact is that such weapons already existed in the days of Rama; even in the Dvapara Yuga they existed. Present day science has not yet reached the stage of development of those times. Then they had rain-producing weapons so that you could take a bath in the water they produced. Present day science is far from reaching this stage. When the right time comes, all will be revealed on its own.

"Just as in the days of the Mahabharata the Pandavas had to come into possession of powers, in the same way, when the time comes, all will come about by itself. This revolution will set fire to the whole world. Only those will live who have adventure in their hearts, those who are wed to truth. You should all go forward with courage and
adventure. This is why you should proceed with your duty always foremost in your mind.

"Idleness is death for a human being. Due to man's idleness, the world has reached a point of total despair. To do karma is the true path and in that only is there happiness and peace." (Babaji, commenting on the way kirtan is conducted, went on to say kirtan should really be sung and played.)

"Kirtan should come to you naturally and through your soul. When you sing, you and those who listen to the kirtan should enjoy it. It should be sung in harmony, with a slow rhythm. Put your souls into it and it will flow. Don't sing kirtan as though you are competing with one another or fighting with each other, beating very fast rhythms - the melody should flow in all its sweetness."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk